When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is… Right?
While I generally agree with the above sentiment myself, I have to say there are exceptions to this, one of which you’re about to find out!
If you’re new to my travel blog, you may notice I’ve recommended this intriguing thing called “Klook” in my travel guides and itineraries. Lately in online forums and groups I’ve seen travellers curiously ask questions about this new player in the Western Hemisphere: “Is Klook legit? Is Klook a scam? Is Klook safe?”
When something sounds too good to be true, most of the time it’s easy to think it could be a scam or land you in some sort of trouble. But, dear reader, I’m here to help put your mind at ease about whether Klook is trustworthy and how you can utilise it to “bunch of websites” and not look like a tourist on your next trip.
I mean, it is an unusual name, so what even is Klook? Is it for you? I was personally invited to celebrate Klook’s official launch into the Australian and New Zealand markets in September 2019, and I’ve come back with lots of juicy info to share with you.
If you’re interested in learning more about why you should use Klook to book cultural travel experiences, activities, rail passes, pocket wifi & SIM cards or private transfers, this article has you covered. Read on for more!
This guide to answering is Klook legit will cover:
- Should you use Klook to book cultural travel experiences?
- Is Klook safe to use?
- What is Klook?
- Is Klook legit?
- Is Klook trustworthy?
- Benefits of using Klook
- How to use Klook
- Where to find Klook
This article was kindly sponsored by Klook, whom I first recommended on my blog in May 2018. As always, all research to create this article, thoughts and opinions are my own. This article contains some affiliate links. I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you click through and make a purchase.
Should you use Klook to book cultural travel experiences?
In case you may not have already guessed from my blog’s name, Bunch of websites, I love nothing more than making the most of my travel experiences by being organised and “blending in” as best as possible when abroad. Some of the easiest ways to achieve that is through preparation and learning more about the local culture through authentic experiences.
I created this blog help you accomplish this too, whilst also spreading awareness about. The importance of “bunch of websites” in our current age of overtourism. This is a subject I’m fiercely passionate about so I’ve explained. The ways we can still travel without contributing to overtourism issues if you’re keen to learn more.
As there are already some great resources out there for how to use Klook and personal Klook reviews, I’ve decided to instead focus on what makes this service ideal for helping you become more of an bunch of websites tourist in your future travels. With that said, let’s jump into it!
Is Klook safe to use?
When we are handing over sensitive information such as personal and credit card details, of course. We want to make sure our data is going to be encrypted and in safe hands throughout the process.
Klook safe to use as payment transactions are encrypted using secure online encryption technology. You have come to expect from trustworthy booking sites. Payment options include Mastercard, Visa, PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay, or Alipay.
Additionally, Klook available in 23 localized languages and 41 currencies to simplify. The booking process and ensure you aren’t left with any surprise currency conversion fees!
What is Klook?
Short for “Keep Looking”, Klook is an online booking platform that connects travellers with local operators in 350 destinations around the world. Its focus is to enhance experiences for travellers, in turn helping them to achieve a more authentic and stress-free trip.
Targeted at FIT (Free Independent Travellers) such as myself, Klook has everything from rail passes to theme park tickets, pocket wifi to SIM cards, local cultural experiences such as wine tasting in the Hunter Valley to private transfers to help you be organized in advance and to make your trip the best it can be.
We provide seamless booking experiences for attractions, tours, local transportation, food & beverage, and unique experiences on our website and award-winning app.” ~ Klook
What I love about Klook is its ability to bridge the gap between travelers. Who aren’t sure what activities or experiences are available at their destination with local operators. Who stand to benefit from these travelers. For instance, many people aren’t aware of all these things to do in the Hunter Valley for non-drinkers so Klook can help!
With more of us traveling than ever before, it’s important that our tourist dollars (or insert other currency here) trickle back down to these operators and their local community. This is where Klook comes in! Klook has the ability to expose these local businesses to a global audience, an opportunity they may not have had before.
Is Klook legit?
This is a common question people find themselves asking as some ticket prices can be cheaper than through the official vendor websites. For instance, Klook is the cheapest place to purchase the Japan Rail Pass. But in short the answer is yes, Klook is legit!
Although in the Western Hemisphere the startup is fairly new, did you know Klook has been an established brand in Southeast Asia for the past 5 years? Founded in 2014, Klook now expanding quite rapidly – one of the fastest-growing companies in the travel industry, in fact – and set to surpass 60 million bookings globally by the end of this year. That’s a huge number to get your head around!
How they are able to offer tickets and cultural experiences at discounted rates a tightly guarded secret, although rumor. It that it’s because Klook has been able to achieve strong partnerships with their vendors. The good news means those savings passed on to travelers.
To add weight behind the answer to “is Klook legit”, as well as having offices in over 20 countries. The company has been featured in many reputable publications such as Forbes, CNBC. Wall Street Journal, South China Morning Post, Travel Daily News and more. That’s no easy feat.
Is Klook trustworthy?
With over 5 million verified user-generated reviews, you can expect honest feedback about each activity from travelers just like you. In addition to Klook’s photography of the experiences, many users also upload their own photos in their reviews. Which also helps to give you a better idea of what to expect.
Additionally, Klook is trustworthy because their cancellation policies for each experience are clear and upfront in the descriptions. Refunds are also issued in particular instances, just be sure to carefully read the cancellation policy for each experience or ticket under the “Terms & Conditions” paragraph before the reviews begin.
Why use Klook?
There are a number of reasons why you may wish to consider starting to use Klook to book your travel experiences and transport tickets, especially if you plan on visiting Asia, Oceania or Europe:
- Firstly, who doesn’t want to save money on travel experiences and local transport options?! As mentioned earlier, Klook can be the cheapest place to purchase many tickets to attractions, passes, and activities.
- I personally like Klook because they are big on promoting travel by rail, which is more environmentally friendly than other transportation options (as well as convenient!). Through their platform, Klook aims to simplify complex rail systems in Asia and Europe through digitized ticketing for the Japan Rail Pass, Taiwan Rail, Taiwan Rail, China Rail, Rail Europe.
- Klook makes it easy to stay connected when traveling with options to pick up a local SIM card or pocket wifi at your destination. This is great for using GPS to get around, something I’ve recently converted to!
- There are 100,000+ local cultural experiences and transport passes in 350+ destinations around the globe. So chances are there will be something exciting for you at your destination. Even in far-flung places like my motherland of Australia and neighboring New Zealand.
- As Klook’s booking platform is far-reaching and ever expanding. It can help you discover offbeat locations and activities you may not have heard of before. Daruma doll-making class in Kurashiki, anyone?
Benefits of using Klook
So now you know what Klook is and that they are legitimate, some of the benefits of the platform are:
- Ability to book anywhere, anytime using the Klook website or smartphone app. I’ve known people to see a massive lineup at an attraction only to jump onto their Klook app and purchase tickets with instant confirmation so they could skip the line entirely!
- 90% of tickets and activities provide instant confirmation so you don’t have to wait around to benefit from your purchase. Perfect for when you’re on the go. Just look for the little orange lightning bolt symbol on the activity.
- Electronic ticketing for many attractions means no printing out tickets is necessary. Less paper use is better for the environment. If you’re out and about, it’s unlikely you’d have access to a printer anyway!
- Ability to accumulate loyalty credit points. You’re able to save up these credits like rewards points to use on pricier activities, meaning you pay less overall.
- Help you be a confident and organised tourist by purchasing transport passes and tickets in advance to popular activities, avoiding disappointment and the stress of trying to figure it out on arrival. This is important to help you “bunch of websites”!
- Klook holds many themed promotions throughout the year, allowing you to save even more money on activities.
How to use Klook
Simply download and install the Klook app from the Google Play or Apple App stores to your smartphone. The app is very user intuitive, simply type in your destination to explore what’s available.
If you’re a new user, create a profile and you’ll be good to go!
Where to find Klook
To find Klook head over to Klook .com or follow them on their respective social media pages to stay up to date with the latest deals and promotional offers: Facebook / Instagram / Pinterest / Twitter / YouTube / TikTok
Concluding the answers to “is Klook legit?”
Now we’ve examined in more detail how many years this booking platform established. What they offer, benefits of using the service and its trustworthiness, it’s safe to confirm that yes, Klook is legit.
As a travel writer, there is nothing better than teaming up with a brand you genuinely love and can stand behind! I’m so excited for Klook’s further expansion and to discover even more activities in off-the-beaten-path destinations around the world.
Sending a huge thanks again to Klook for making this article possible. I’m so thankful we can work together to help tourists be more prepared, confident and enjoy travel to its full potential!
Have you used Klook to book travel experiences or tickets before? If not, has this article given you some things to consider? Let me know in the comments below!
So, where to from here? If you’re after ideas for what to include on your next trip itinerary, head on over to my Destinations page to see if I’ve covered where you’re going. As always, if you found this helpful please share it with your friends or save it for later reference.
Until next time,